Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1ZJZsGMgT

11 March 2013

Things You Probably Don't Know About Me

























1. I have had a lifelong dilemma with being either feminine or athletic. As a young teenager I called it "Cute or Sporty" and was absolutely convinced I had to choose only one part of my identity.
"But Mom, I can't like wearing skirts and play soccer!"
"But Dad, I can't beat a boy down a ski run and then still expect him to want to hold my hand!"
We laugh now, but these were serious questions to my 13-year-old mind. I still feel myself going back and forth sometimes. Good thing I married a guy who loves both sides of me. (We take turns beating each other to the bottom of the mountain. And when I win, it makes him want to hold my hand even more.)

2. My favorite TV show in high school was Murder, She Wrote starring Angela Lansbury. I still get giddy when I watch the opening theme. Something about the montage of Angela on her typewriter and Angela fighting crime satisfies my inner being.

3. I rarely listen to music when I'm alone. This is a very new development (probably since Addie was born), because I used to pride myself on knowing all the words to every song on the radio. Now, I've found that I can think much more clearly in silence, so I save my music time for when I can focus on the music.
So many lyrics to catch, so many harmonies to sing along with.

4. My everyday wardrobe is extremely predictable. If I were a character on Arthur or The Magic School Bus (you know, where the characters only ever wear one outfit so you don't get Francine confused with Prunella...), I wouldn't have to change my wardrobe much. On most days I wear some version of a nice t-shirt (Gap Favorite T), a pair of jeans, and my hair in a ponytail. I generally dress within the same color palette (blues, greens, purples, and sometimes turquoise...which is blue-green) and rarely stray to patterns (usually plaid or stripes). That being said, I do look forward to dressing up a little more when I go to church every Sunday.

5. I have a mild to moderate panic attack every time I need to make a phone call. If I'm calling anyone besides my mom or my husband, I usually have to have a mental pump-up session with myself before dialing the number. (This is so sad!) Chad has taken to making me call people just to see me do it.

2 comments:

  1. When I saw this title I thought... "Yeah right Claire. I know a whole lot about you. Good luck stumping me with this list." Yet the list totally stumped me. Murder, She Wrote? I didn't realize you were 60! Just kidding mostly.
    I loved reading this to know you more. Gracias for this look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband used to make me make phone calls too, I much rather still to this day speak to a person in person than call them on the phone.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...