Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1ZJZsGMgT

01 November 2012

A Night Just For Me




Photo from a chow life

On a night earlier this week, I found myself alone in my house.
I mean, Addie was here, but she had just barely gone to sleep after a good half hour of frantic sobs (it's been a pattern with her lately, no matter how many times I go in to comfort her).
Chad had late class and meetings so he wouldn't be home until well after dinnertime. 

What to do?

I could do the dishes; there were more cups and spoons in the sink than in the cupboards. Many more.
Nah. Leave them.
I could read my book or catch up on reading blogs.
No, no. I need something exciting! Practice being spontaneous!

So I created a night just for me.
I didn't necessarily do or eat or think about my absolute favorite things in the world.
But on that particular night, they were just what I needed.
Just what I wanted!
And doing what I want hasn't exactly been the center of my attention lately.

My night included these things:
  • extra-large sweatpants and my tremendously comfortable bed
  • You've Got Mail, the movie that speaks to my soul
  • Papa John's pizza delivered to my door (You mean I can actually order pizza for myself?)
  • a grapefruit, halved and sectioned, then eaten with a spoon
  • cinnamon-cider candle flickering next to me
If you were to take a night for yourself tonight, 
what would it include?

7 comments:

  1. oh Claire, that sounds like the perfect evening. We love love love papa johns.

    Its so rare to get an evening without Nate, which I'm glad, cause I like him a lot. But I think it would include some of the same things as yours, some comfy clothes, yummy food (especially sweets - candy and ice cream) and a chick flick.

    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true that a night without your husband isn't the ideal night. I think Chad's absence is what made me reach out to other things for comfort.
      Isn't there just something about being comfy, eating yummy food, and watching a chick flick, though? With your husband if he'll allow the chick flick part!

      Delete
  2. I love You've Got Mail! It used to be the only chick flick we had in the house. I would watch it over and over on VHS.

    "A bouquet of sharpened pencils!"

    "So often things I see in my life remind me of something I've read in a book when, shouldn't it be the other way around?"

    And, my whole life:

    "I don't need an answer. I just want to send these words out into the void..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! And to think, I had no idea you also loved that movie. We are kindred spirits, for sure.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, I need to jump on the You've Got Mail train!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh, yeah! I can't believe you've never seen it! Maybe for our next girls' night?

      Delete
  4. Dear Claire,
    We miss you. :)

    Love, All of your readers

    But more importantly, I hope you had a truly wonderful holiday season full of family and love and Christmasing. What's more, I hope 2013 is looking just as bright-eyed delicious as ever. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...